Sunday, July 13, 2008

FOB2Y 7/10

So, my favorite vacation spot?

Definitely Sanibel Island. My grandparents owned a condo there from the early 80's through 2005. I was lucky enough to be able to go down there most summers for a week with them. Once my grandfather retired we would go down to stay for a month or more at a time. It wasn't so easy once I got a bit older and had a job, but I still tried to go when I could. I was lucky enough to be able to take Tom and Tommy down there one year (2002). It was always so peaceful there. It was horribly expensive, but the perfect place for a vacation. Tom said it too once we were there for a day or so, I don't think he "got it" until he was able to be there. I miss knowing that we had a place to stay if we had a chance to go again; I have so many great memories there.

Here are a couple photos of Tom and Tommy in Sanibel in July of 2002.





For the From Our Blog 2 Yours challenge at SSD.

No comments: