Thursday, March 5, 2009

business start-up

So, I'm going to start researching the costs and paperwork involved with registering a new business. I thought something easy to do right now would be to go ahead and purchase my domain name. Easy enough. Until I went to godaddy.com and find that kellybphotography.com has already been taken. lol Frustrating!

Now what? Use full last name? Use it only for the purpose of obtaining a domain name? I still kind of want something catchy, but with moving around and whatnot I thought that the memorability of my business will come in part with using my name. Plus, who knows where we move next there might already be a photographer (or any business) with the same name. I figured it was less likely to find someone else doing business with my name.

Back to step 1 - decide on business name. lol

1 comment:

Colleen - Mommy Always Wins said...

Hey there!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

GoDaddy should let you search different extensions - so if you're stuck on the kellybphotography idea, there might be a .us or a .biz available. Not the most common, but you might be able to get the one you want.

Otherwise have you tried initials?