Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October!

So, it's October 1st already. Why does it seem that there is still so much left to do before we move? More than likely that nagging, suspicious fear of things left undone is because there is still more than enough left to do. Almost enough to say that it would be fair to assume that I shouldn't be spending any time sitting in front of the computer today until it's completed.

Funny how I'm still here..... :)

I did make a hotel reservation for Oct 17th. Tom also picked up the 2 new DS games for the trip to CA. I began our shopping list of things we need for the drive and something new seems to crop up every 5 minutes or so.

Another problem I'm having is the ever-growing list/pile of items I feel necessary to bring with us. I am so paranoid that the movers will damage or lose something that I want to bring everything that means something. Right after this anxiety attack I put things in perspective and remember that us all being together is much more important than anything I think necessary to cram into the truck with us. Ah, but don't mistake my sudden wake up call for letting go of control of it all...There are definite dealbreakers. While I would love to bring all of our framed photos I know that is just not possibe, neither is bringing all of our shot glasses. Funny, funny, I know. I remember how upset we both were when Tom's gold-leaf shot glass from New Orleans fell from it's shelf and shattered just after Hurricane Katrina. He was down there during Mardi Gras in 2002 and had a great time. I wish I could say that the memories will live forever, but for my dear husband, it's hit or miss. He probably couldn't tell you when he went or for how long if anyone asked him. He'll remember almost missing curfew and being stuck in the bathroom because he was puking. lol

Off to waste time searching for new songs for our road trip...Maybe a new song for my myspace, check on our Amazon order. Yeah, I know I should be placing online orders so close to the move...but hubby needed a new bluetooth headeset and Amazon was a lot cheaper than Best Buy and we get free 2-day shipping. Then I ordered a new wireless remote for my camera and 2 4gb memory cards. The price shocked me because I hadn't intended on purchasing new memory cards, but they have a $45 mail-in rebate. Check it out at Adorama...they have a deal on 8gb CF cards and one on a SD card also.

Ok, ok....I'm outta here --

No comments: