Sunday, January 11, 2009

lists

I love lists. My problem is I don't usually remember where I put said lists. I have pieces of paper littered all over my house and things end up everywhere. It's been particularly frustrating since we've moved.

Anyway, something I need to add to my to-do list is make a decision on whether or not to renew the family domain name. I love having a self-hosted blog and photo gallery, but I don't enjoy paying for hosting & renewing the domain name when hardly anyone visits our site. I realize I'm not a spectacular writer and my updates are sometimes few and far between, but we have hardly any hits on the site. Maybe I'll renew the domain name another year but not our hosting. Although I just went through and did a fresh install of wordpress and re-organized our categories and made it look neater.

Another thing on my to-do list was to decide on my ability to finish my medical transcription course. Admitting defeat, I called to see what they might be able to do for me. I followed their instructions and wrote a letter to ask for a refund, I just hope that they call me first, because if they are going to offer me a ridiculous amount I will accept their extension offer and bust my ass to finish.

To-do list item #3 is to work out a budget. I have a tenative one written out on paper, but I need to tweak a few things and figure out a way to make it work. I had high hopes of trying the envelope system, but ATM fees would hurt us. So, Tom and I agreed to do an envelope system for the things that we seem to spend more than we need to on: fast food and movies. I have a small amount of money going towards savings each month. I know everyone says to pay yourself first, well, if my bills don't get paid then we'll be in more trouble than paying us first is worth. So, I figured a small amount is better than nothing.

I'm disappointed it's Sunday. Tom got called yesterday to go in today and stand duty for someone who got sick. I was really looking forward to hanging out with Tom and the kids and catching up on some tv shows and playing some Rock Band. lol

No comments: