Tuesday, January 20, 2009

backing up

It's been a while since I've done a thorough back up of all my photos and digital supplies. So, that was my intention for this long weekend. I need to get a better system going, I think I say that alot.

Anyway, today I really felt the need to back-up my laptop after I read about the new iLife for Mac. I was totally stoked to see that iMovie now is compatible with our camcorder. I was getting very irritated with trying to find software that I would be able to use to make dvd's with, or just watch our home movies. Because of the frustration we haven't used our camcorder very often. The new iLife is $79. However, I noticed that you need the Leopard OS to run it, which I don't own. So, the Apple website says that they have this package called the Mac Box, for $169 you get Leopard, iLife '09 and iWork '09. I don't really need iWork, but Leopard is $129 and iLife is $79, it's a good deal to me! So, when we get our tax return I'm hoping to order it. So, at this moment, I'm physically moving individual photos from iPhoto to my EHD. I've been having issues with iPhoto sporadically quitting on me anyway, so I was intending on re-installing the software soon.

19 days into Project 365 and I'm keeping up! There have been a couple of days that around 10pm I'm wondering what to take a picture of, but I take one of something. lol I've done a layout for the first 2 weeks. My intention is to do a layout for every week and one layout with tiny pictures for the whole month for a bound book at the end of the year. We'll see how that works out, but for now, that's my plan. I'm quite sure it'll change numerous times as the year goes along and as I see how everyone else is approaching it.

I'm also working on a Summer 2008 album for us and printing a copy for my nephew Jason. He spent a good deal of time with us this summer, so I thought we could just omit a few pages of the book and get him a copy too. I have a code for a free photobook through Shutterfly so I'm trying to figure out pictures and kits to use. I want it to all go together, so it's been hard to try to find a kit that will work with everything, I'm thinking of using 2 or 3 max now since I don't have anything that works for it all, and I don't exactly have the money to spend right now on a new kit.








Anyway...til another time. I'm out for tonight ;)

No comments: