Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dancing Machine Alex

This past Thursday we headed out of town to Phoenix for Tom's cousin's wedding. It was nice to see DH's family again. Things were a bit disorganized as far as who was going where, when, but it all worked out in the end. The wedding was so beautiful, Jason and Amy looked so happy. Alex did his job as ring bearer as best as a 2 year old could do.

At the reception Alex really was the star of the night. He danced and danced. He had such a good time and was the last one standing on the dance floor. Jason spun him around on his butt on the dance floor and that was when Alex was introduced to the art of break-dancing. lol It was so cute to watch him spin around. He even ran from off the dance floor, onto the floor and slid on his knees. The whole night I wished I had thought to bring our video camera. Though, in my defense, I really thought I would end up bringing a cranky 2 year old back up to the hotel room around 8pm.

The older two didn't have nearly as good of a time, but all they wanted to do was sit at the table. So many different people drug them onto the dance floor to try to get them to entertain the idea of dancing, but they weren't having it.

I have a lot to catch up on since we were away for the weekend. I've got CT requirements that need to be met, an extra-ordinary amount of laundry lurking in my laundry room and more boxes that still need to be unpacked. I also have the best of intentions of writing out the gritty details of our drive from VA to CA. I know that soon I will forget some of them, so I want to get them written down somewhere before I forget the experience.

I really should run, our trusty Home Depot appliance delivery guy is here. This is his third trip to our house, and hopefully his last. The dishwasher is being installed as well as our new, energy efficent washing machine. So now I have to list the washer & dryer set on Craigs List to try to help offset the cost of our new set. Oh the joys of moving!

No comments: