Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I loathe minimum days

The boys school calls their short, or half, days minimum days. Every Wednesday is a minimum day. Basically all that means is that Tommy gets out of school at 1:13pm instead of 3:22pm. Not a problem for one day a week. We are on day 2 of the minimum days this week due to parent/teacher conferences and it's swiftly kicking my butt.

Here was my schedule yesterday:
8:45am - take Tommy to school
11:45am - take Anthony to school
1:13pm - pick up Tommy from school (walk - so need to leave about 20 min early)
3:22pm - pick up Anthony from school

This morning we need to leave a few minutes early since Anthony's parent/teacher conference is at 8:40am. I'm just hoping that we can find a decent parking spot. It's really a long shot with the parking situation at the school. It's probably the biggest frustration of my day getting the kids to & from school. I loved them taking the school bus.

Just wait until I tell you about the 1st Wednesday of the month's schedule. You want me to go ahead and just tell you now? Ok, if you insist. The first Wednesday of every month the PM kindergarteners go to AM kindergarten. So, on these Wednesdays at least I can say that I'm not at the school 4 times a day like I am for 3 days of this week. I'm cross-eyed just thinking about it.

So, I need to go get the littlest man up & decent for the trip to the school. I should probably take the time to make myself look presentable also. Don't want the teacher to think I just roll out of bed to drop my kids off at school in the morning. What ever would she think?!

No comments: