Monday, November 24, 2008

like i need anymore projects

I have three boys, you'd think that would be enough to keep me busy. And it is, please don't think that I'm not busy. lol

This past Friday as we went to Wal-Mart for more diapers for the littlest man I decided that I was going to look for some knitting needles and a how-to book. So, off to the craft department we went. Then DH reminded me about my hopeful endeavor of making the boys some sleep pants for Christmas. So, quick stop at the fabric before hitting the yarn and needles. Found some inexpensive but nice enough fabric to try to make one pair of pants. Then it's off to find the pattern I bought because I can't remember how much fabric I needed. Figures.

Long line at the cutting table means there's time to look for the how-to book, yarn and knitting needles. So, 2 sets of needes, 2 skeins of yarn, 1 promising how-to book and 2 2/3 yard of candy cane fabric and we were finally ready to exit the craft department.

Did I mention that I've NEVER knitted before? I've also never followed a sewing pattern before. The closest to sewing I've ever gotten is piecing some blocks together to attempt to make a quilt. I can fix a button, and do a half-assed job at hemming some pj pants for Tommy, but that is the extent of my sewing skills. So, probably after Thanksgiving I am going to attempt to sew together a pair of sleep pants for my oldest. Hopefully they'll resemble something like sleep pants so that I won't be too embarrassed. lol

Of course there's also my hopeful photography business, taking care of the house, the digital scrapbooking, and the medical transcription school. The last isn't going very well, I don't know what I had envisioned when I signed up for it, I knew it wouldn't be a piece of cake by any means, but I think I convinced myself that there was enough time in the day for everything. I really should call and see about possibly getting a refund. It's just too much and I don't think I would be successful in finding a job, I think there are probably way more qualified people out there.

The kids are off school for the week, so I'm off to be mommy. Today we are going to learn how to clean the bathrooms! Yay!!!

No comments: