Monday, February 2, 2009

being sick {sucks}

So, I've been out of commission since last Sunday. Saturday was spent with Anthony being sick, I woke up Sunday morning thinking I was getting the stomach flu he had the day before. I stayed upstairs in my room all day. Around 3 I told Tom it was too much, so he called our insurance and asked about the approved urgent cares, etc. So, off we went. Around 4 I was at urgent care, by 6:30 I was in the hospital. Around 10:30 I went into the waiting room to tell my husband and boys that they could go home, without me. They decided to keep me, after an ultrasound it looked like my gall bladder was inflamed & I had gall stones. So, sometime after midnight I got a room, and at 4pm on Monday I was being prepped for surgery. I came home Tuesday. Wednesday Alex was up every 1/2 hour - 40 minutes getting sick. Friday it was Tommy. Yesterday Tom and I didn't feel all that great. Today Tommy doesn't feel all that great again.

I'm hoping they feel well in the morning, I have a dr appointment, and I don't feel comfortable driving on the expressway right now. I can't wait to have these staples removed, they are starting to itch a bit, well one is, I think it's because it's sticking out a bit.

Thankfully Tom was able to take leave to stay home with me while I was recovering. I'm not supposed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk for 1 week. So, Alex is far out of the question. lol I'm hoping that they let him come back to work, but not send him to the field. They are doing some training right now with some foreign military and they are supposed to go out on ship sometime this week. I think I can manage daytime stuff as long as I don't need to pick up Alex for a few more days, but I think I'll be tired at night and will need a break. We'll see, if it's bad enough I guess he could take more leave.

Let me tell you though, I felt horrible not being able to hold my baby when he was sick. He's the only one that likes to sit with me when he's sick and he just cried and whined and was miserable. According to Tom they were all upset when they left me at the ER, I saw Alex was upset. It all broke my heart. I sat in the hospital room by myself for most of the day Monday, Tom and the kids came up for a bit and left a bit before my surgery. It sucks not having any family in the area to help in times like this...it reminds me of when I had Anthony and Tom was deployed to Iraq the first time.

Anyways...I shall stop rambling now....got to love the stomach flu!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

This makes me want to cry. I can't believe you were all alone. I wish I could have been there to help you. I'm so sorry.