Wednesday, August 6, 2008

{babe} & other misc ramblings

It's hard for me to call the hubs by his first name sometimes. If I'm talking to the kids I obviously refer to him as dad, if we are around family and I need his attention I say Tom, but any other time, it's babe. Both of us do it. Around our house we normally don't hear our real names much. I didn't give it much thought until I saw some other blog posts about it. I don't think we made a conscious decision to start doing that, it just happened. He doesn't call me anything else unless he's writing me and I don't call him anything else either. I don't know how I didn't notice this before.

I'm also beginning the process of dress shopping for Tom's cousin J's wedding (not nephew J, cousin J lol). Kathy helped me find a gorgeous dress at JCrew's website, it's a bit more than I wanted to pay, but it's so pretty. So, I'm going to sleep on it and then probably get Tom to help measure me for the right size. I've got to start getting into an exercise routine...gotta make that tummy flat. I really don't want to have to go buy a new body slimming piece. My goal by the wedding is to have lost at least 10 pounds. I think that's reasonable, it shouldn't make much of a difference in the fit of the dress (hopefully it'll be mostly weight in my thighs & stomach lost) and it's 3 months from now. I'd like to loose about 20 pounds total (geez it's weird to even think that I'm that much overweight), so 10 pound increments sound like reasonable goals to me. Especially since we are moving in Oct, I know I'll have issues with exercise and eating while we are driving across the country.

Tomorrow Anthony gets to go to the school & be tested to see where he falls for kindergarten. He doesn't want to go to school very much at all, it makes me feel even worse knowing that he will only go for about a month and a half before we move. One of my friends in CA gave me the link to the school in their community and the kindergarten program is a bit different. It is 5 days a week, but they get out 1 hour earlier than the rest of the school except for on Weds, then they get out 2 hours early. Oh well, we'll figure it out once we find out where we will be living, it doesn't matter much right now since we have no idea where they'll be going to school at.

I love fonts. I have a ton. I need to go through my stash and see how many are duplicates. I found Scrap Supply has some free ones...and other freebies too :)

This post took me nearly 2 hours to write up with Alex jumping all over me. It's after midnight though and he's finally tired enough to call it a night, and so am I. ~Later~

No comments: