Tuesday, August 5, 2008

playing catch-up

Found this Open Letter to Auto Industry Executives. Love it, I agree whole-heartedly with all of it. I would love to see how car seats fit in the back seats of cars or how much leg room an average person would have in the 3rd row of a truck or van. I don't want to have to spend my whole monthly gas allowance on driving from dealer to dealer to see how well my 3 kids (in a car seat and 2 boosters) will fit in the cars. I was disappointed to find out that it was such a PITA in our '05 Chevy Trailblazer. I loved my truck but once Alex was born and we had such a hard time buckling everyone in I was severely disappointed. It only needed another couple of inches and I swear the buckling and accidental unbuckling of the babies carseat base wouldn't have been so much of an issue.

I've been kind of sick since Sunday. Sunday evening and Monday were bad. I'm not sure what's wrong. I thought I was feeling rundown from not sleeping well and all the stress that came along with having J around. I have this odd dizziness and lightheadedness that I usually associate with getting a migraine. Then there's the nausea, I don't know what that's from. I felt a bit better today, but not 100%. I felt pretty bad by the time hubs came home so I napped for nearly an hour.

In less than two weeks the hubs and I will hand off our 3 children and truck to the MIL and SIL so they can take the kiddos for 2 weeks. The next day the hubs and I fly out of DC and into San Diego to hopefully find us a pretty house to live in. Then we come back and tackle the mess that is our garage, all the errands we've been putting off doing because it's just too much of a pain to do with the kids and erasing all evidence of Alex's artwork on the walls. lol

The in-laws were here over the weekend and we went up to DC on Saturday, it was nice to get up there and walk around again. I took some pictures, but dealt with Alex alot, so I didn't get as many as I wanted to. I have to work on some of the ones I took, so maybe tomorrow I'll get them posted. Saturday night the hubs and I got out to see a movie, the 2nd one this summer! We saw Dark Knight - I {love} Heath Ledger as the Joker, he was awesome.

My next crafty project, after I get a few layouts done from the summer, is to make a pretty cover on a composition book. I saw Nicole's on her blog here and thought it looked so awesome. I've been meaning to make a special notebook for certain things, so this will hopefully this will keep grubby hands out of my notebooks! lol I just have to figure out exactly how to do it and have it look nice.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I love that letter LOL Thats hilariously true! I hope you feel better today and I am so stoked you guys are coming out to Cali.