Thursday, June 5, 2008

{headache}

Ugh, my boys give me such a headache sometimes. Other times, they make an existing dull headache into a full blown crippling headache. To top it off, it's hot & muggy here. I really should put the air on, but I'm trying to wait it out as long as possible. Besides, if we could get the air from the outside in, it's so nice and cool outside, in the mid 60's I think. I really can't wait for Tom to be home.

He called briefly tonight. While telling him about his buddy picking up his bike & explaining that I can't lock the garage and said buddy may have to come by and re-lock it for me I realized how lonely I am here. When Sam stopped by it was the first time I had seen one of my friends since we went down to visit them when Chris left at the beginning of April. A week or so prior to that Jackie & Jason were here for Easter, before that it was when we were in MI over the holidays. The realization of it all was a bit much for me. Thankfully Tom was ready to get off the phone and go to the movie they were going to see. Even though he is gone for work right now, I am pretty envious of him. When he went to Norfolk he got to go out nearly every night with friends. The time out at 29 Palms isn't as relaxed as their trips to Norfolk are, but when they get downtime they can go to a $1 movie, to the SNCO club, to the pool and I think there's a bowling alley there. It's still work and he's still there with quite a few people he doesn't really care for, but he is away and there is a bit of downtime, even if it's not everynight.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound depressing or like I was having a pity-party for myself. It was a pretty major realization for me though.

So....onto fun things. I got to do some guilt-free shopping at The Digi Chick today! New stuff out today and 20% off! Plus, if you spend $10 you get the store-wide grab bag automatically added to your cart. I'm downloading it now :) Yesterday I managed to get a couple of layouts done. I have so many cute pictures that have stories to go along with them that I want to scrap but I sit here and stare at them and I can't start a page. Well, it seems as though Alex may finally be settling down for the night (3rd night in a row that he'll be asleep before midnight, is this a change in routine? I sure hope so!) so I want to get ready to pass out here shortly.






Oh, and I've been looking for someone to do me up a logo for my business. I can't believe how much logos cost. I mean I knew I wasn't going to be able to get one for $10 or anything, but $100+? Wow. So, I'm going to have to start saving up my pennies and decide on a business name. After discussing with Tom I have decided against Everyday Chaos, because he didn't think it came across well for a photography business. So, until yesterday I was pretty settled on Kelly B Photography. That is until I saw another website that made me think of In This Moment Photography. I'm sure it's been taken, but I like the sound of it. I still need to decide though if I want a snazzy business name or just use my name. I like the idea of using my own name so that people will remember it, but at the same time I don't want people to come to my home after finding my name in the phone book. Besides, I have a sneaking suspicion that the hubby may begin to mess with the cameras (not that he doesn't already) and I'm half hoping that we can make a joint venture out of this.

Anyway, that's my babbling allowance for the day ;)

No comments: