Thursday, May 15, 2008

Boys

A thread at MSA asked why you love having a boy. I love this answer...

I love that 4 pairs of jeans and a dozen shirts can get them through an entire season - and everything matches. I love that when he runs around covered in dirt and grime, everyone just shrugs and says "He's a boy". I love that I never have to worry about pigtails, detangler, braids, barrettes, headbands or any other assorted hair sundries - other than my own. I love that I don't worry about music lyrics, advertisements, mixed messages in Princess movies, etc as much as my sister does with her girls. I love that he ALWAYS thinks I look great, and has NO criticism of what I'm wearing, how my hair looks, or how big my butt is. I love the idea that I'll never have to worry about teaching him how to shave his legs or put on make-up. Ooo .. I love that I'll probably never get ticked because he borrowed my clothes, handbags or shoes and ruined them.

So true, every last little bit. Tom wants a girl I know he does, but I can't help but think this is the way it is supposed to be. I'm not a girly girl and I'm sure Tom would agree with me when I say that I have enough hormones for this house. lol

Here is a perfect picture of two of my boys.

I'm also testing out Scribefire to help with my blog posting capabilities. I'm liking it so far. I just went to add a link and the one I wanted to use popped up in the dialog box when I clicked it. Awesome!

So, I'll be back tomorrow with more pictures from Tuesday evening that I finished editing this morning. But first I will get on the elliptical. I was on there today for 18 minutes and went .75 miles. Then a while later the boys and I took a walk around the "block". I really need to get a wagon. Tomorrow I'm aiming for faster than 18 minutes for 3/4 of a mile.

I also meant to post this layout that I finished the other day. It's a re-do of one I did last year or so with the same photo. I never did love that first layout I did with the photo. We all look so awkward in it. I like this layout a lot better, but still not sure if I'm "in love" with it. But I love it 10x more than the other one ;)

No comments: