Monday, March 17, 2008

{5}


The day has arrived. My middle son, Anthony, is 5 today. Where did the time go? Seems like just yesterday he was a little toddler with his eye on causing mischief wherever he could. Now he's 5 and will start kindergarten in the fall. We didn't make too much out of the day, but tried to let him know that it was his birthday. He decided, along with Tommy, to wait for Jackie and Jason to be here to celebrate their birthdays and to share the day of opening presents and a cake. Boy was I surprised to hear Tom ask him today what he wanted for his birthday dinner. That irked me a bit to say the least, but we felt horrible that he has to wait a whole week to have his presents and have his ice cream cake he's been so looking forward to. I had also asked Tom to stop by the grocery store to pick up a couple cupcakes or something (I would have made some, but I don't have any eggs lol) and he came home with a small cake! Another surprise to me, especially since we won't really eat it. We love sweets and chocolates in this house, but we just don't eat alot of cake. Some photos from our surprise cake and rendition of Happy Birthday.



Well...there were two more...but the re-sized versions have fallen into a black hole somewhere on my computer and apparently don't want to be found, so maybe tomorrow they will pop up.

Other than that we are just getting ready for our visitors. We have to do our grocery shopping for their stay and get the house straightened up. I also have about 7 or 8 boxes to unpack from the whole foreclosure fiasco. I also need to grab a few things for the Easter baskets, Jackie and my MIL have taken care of most of it, but I feel bad that we haven't gotten anything for them.

I did finish a layout after working on it on and off for nearly 3 days. It's for the Anything Goes challenge at The Digi Chick, prize this time...a guest CT spot! I think this is the 3rd time I've tried for one and I'm hoping I get a little luckier this time than I have in the past. I love participating in the challenges and pushing my "norm", but it does get discouraging when time after time you don't win anything. lol I have promised Sam a few layouts with some cute pictures she took of her kiddos. I had such a block during the whole fiasco a few weeks ago that I didn't touch anything. I think I may finally be coming out of it, so I will start looking for some girly things in my stash and look through the galleries she sent me to figure out my plan of attack. I love scrapping with pictures of her Moe, she's so cute and it's such a change to be able to use pink and purple colors!

No comments: