Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm tired, so tired...

DH and I stayed up really late last night. Partly because he got a phone call about one of his guys getting into trouble and so we had to finish up watching the episode of The Office that we had paused. He stayed up even later to wait for phone calls and I headed to bed at about 3:30 or so.

The spouse appreciation dinner they had last night was pretty lame. The childcare set up was messed up and they were running really behind. I was under the impression dinner was going to be shortly after arriving, but almost 2 hours later they finally cut everyone loose to eat. Alex started itching pretty bad and I got a knot in my stomach when the Chaplain announced that after dinner the Marines were going to be kicked out so that the spouses could "mingle" and he had some stories to tell or something. I don't do well with crowds, I don't do well with a bunch of people that I don't know, and I really do not do well with it being sprung on me. So, as childish as it sounds, we left. I couldn't stand sitting there knowing that soon I would have be by myself, my stomach was in knots, I felt nauseas and I was just going insane. To top it all off Tom acted like he was irritated with me and he proceeds to tell me that he's going to get into trouble for not staying and representing the command, etc. What I find amusing about all of that is that the Captain is going to be mad at him or whatever, but the meeting they had last night was because they wanted to address issues that they know they have about not getting the Marines time off to take care of their families. So, if I had known they were going to separate everyone I could have driven separately from Tom and after dinner I would have left with the kids. I didn't know, so I reacted and had to do what was best for me, as irrational as I know it probably sounds to some.

Thankfully I don't think that Tom is irritated with me any longer, he's got something else to deal with now. lmao

No comments: